2.18.2010

Loaded

As i'm preparing my lunch today (leftover potatoes and red lentil curry soup), I am reminded of 3rd grade and my favorite weekly cafeteria lunch experience. I went to a small private school in Florida and Friday's were designated as 'Loaded Baked Potato Day'. I LOVED purchasing my lunch on Friday's, a special treat in my eyes as I mainly brought my lunch to school everyday. I would behold the largest baked potato i'd ever seen, slice it open and slather on butter, sour cream, cheese and...the best part...bacon! I enjoyed every minute of lunch break on those days. I can taste the loaded potato now! Today though, i'll settle for a small amount of butter and some salt and pepper....seeing as I no longer have the metabolism of a 7 year old.
Just for good measure, here's a picture of what I looked like during this time period. Mullet and all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bahaha I adore this picture :)
I also adore stuffed baked potatoes! We used to have baked potato night at home when I was a kid once a month and I lived for them!! I put butter, sour cream, salt and pepper, Hormel's canned chili (oh Lord) and cheese on mine...come to think of it...I might have to have a baked potato night next week!! Thanks for the idea :)

Your personal, locally owned jewelry business! said...

so glad you like the pict - i thought it was perfect for the entry :)